Yummy, yummy. Shamrock pancakes. All we did was add two cups of packed baby spinach to the blender with the rest of the wet ingredients and blend it. Look at that beautiful green color!
Little tip- just like our Pinkalicious Pancakes (see our post here), these need to cook over low heat, or else they will form a brown crust.
(Makes 8 Shamrock Pancakes)
1/2 c Unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 c White whole wheat flour*
1 1/2 T Sugar (white or coconut)
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp Baking powder
1/4 tsp Baking soda
1 c Milk (soured with 2 T of vinegar or lemon juice, we used apple cider vinegar)
2 T Butter, melted and cooled
2 c Baby spinach, packed
*instead of white whole wheat, you can substitute whole wheat pastry flour, or whole wheat flour, or all-purpose. I don't cook or bake too often with almond and coconut flours. If you try it, please let me know.
Notice the slight brown coating on the shamrock?
That's what it will look like if you cook these over medium heat.Directions
1. Heat a griddle over low heat. Grease with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the first six dry ingredients.
3. Put the remaining four ingredients into a blender. Puree until smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients on top of the dry ingredients. Whisk to just combine, don't over mix (the pancakes will turn out tough).
5. Cook over low heat until you see little bubbles forming, then flip.
Little Miss asked to have chocolate chips added to the pancakes. Yes, great idea! In went the bittersweet chocolate chips. Mmmm, chocolate chip pancakes. Yummmm.