Sunday, September 9, 2012

Pinkalicious Play-Doh

(31 Months)

It was a rainy day.  Too wet to go outside.  Mommy said, "Let's make some Play-doh.  What color do you want?"  Little Miss said, "Pink. Pink, pink, pink."  And so began our first time making Play-doh.

I have to admit, I've been curious about making homemade play-doh.  I kept thinking to myself, who has the time to make play-doh, when we can buy it for just a few dollars? Today was a perfect day to try making the play-doh, since I don't like going shopping in the rain.

It was surprisingly easy and took less than 15 minutes from start (gathering materials) to finish (packing it away).  I used Art Nest's fantastic recipe, except used less salt (we used 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon).  We mixed all the ingredients into a large nonstick frying pan, then turned the heat onto medium-low and stirred occasionally for six minutes.  Transferred as stated onto a sheet of wax paper and began kneading.  That was it!  It's so soft and I should warn you, kneading warm play-doh is very relaxing.



No comments:

Post a Comment