Thursday, April 26, 2012

Spice Up Your Painting

(26 Months)

Every morning Wild One asks to "make coffee" I have a feeling it's because he likes the smell of the coffee grinds.  Maybe he likes scooping the grinds into the filter.  I don't know.  All I know is that every morning, without fail, he asks to "make coffee".

I've been wanting to do a scent-based activity for months (wow- it's actually been over a year now, where does the time go?).  I was going to make scent bottles, however I always got sidetracked for a more interesting project.  Last night I found this spice painting project and immediately took out the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice, vanilla, cocoa and the jar of coffee.

Wild One tried to help me make the paints by squeezing the glue.  It was coming out so slowly when he squeezed that I wound up taking the cap off of the glue and letting him pour the glue into the mixing bowls (I tried to snap a picture, but of course now the glue started pouring out too quickly).  He liked tapping the spices into the glue containers and mixing each container.  His favorite scent was (of course) the coffee.

I love the progression of his painting.  It goes from light, little dabs of paint to full out dumping the containers onto the paper, and then came the swirling and hand painting.  It's not at all like the one I saw on Play Create and Explore, their's was this perfect segmented painting - and ours, well... it sure does smell nice.  My favorite scent creation that Wild One made was the cocoa and coffee, yum.

This is completely unrelated, here is a picture of Little Miss drawing a face on her Magna Doodle.  How awesome is this?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment