Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mummy Friends

(44 Months)

We have been doing a lot of the same lately: reading our BOB books, practicing tracing and cutting, calendar time, play dough, Cheerios math, playing dress up and putting on plays, making our annual footprint ghosts, blocks, tennis, soccer, dance, play ground...  Our days, like yours, are always filled.  Even still, I've been feeling a bit guilty that we haven't made or done anything new.

We found the inspiration for our mummies from Happy Hooligans.  Thank you again Jackie!   I always love it when there is a quick and easy project that doesn't mean we have to run to the store.  We save our empty rolls of toilet paper for crafts, there are so many on Pinterest to choose from.  I pulled out two empty rolls, and gave Wild One and Little Miss an almost empty roll of toilet paper (there was about 1/3 left on each roll, and it was plenty).

I started each mummy roll for them, so they could learn how to twist the paper around the empty roll.  We tucked our ends underneath the bottom of the roll, instead of using glue or white yarn to secure it.

Next came those fun googly eyes.  I thought we were done, Little Miss asked if we could add a nose and mouth.  I was about to say no, then I stopped myself - it's not my project, it's their project.  If they want a nose and mouth, then that's fine.  Out came the scissors, crayons and paper.




This project only takes about five minutes and the result is so adorable.

Meet Slinkin and Frankin -where do they come up with these names?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Cute, cute, cute! I love how you stopped yourself from saying "no" to adding a nose and mouth. It's so hard, isn't it, when we have our own ideas of how we want a craft or activity to shape up? Good for you for letting them decide how they wanted their creations to look. And honestly, they just wouldn't be the same without those noses and mouths. They're just too cute!! Thanks so much for mentioning us in your post!

    ReplyDelete