Little Miss is my carnivore- she loves meat. Beef, chicken, turkey, fish (especially salmon sashimi) are her top choices after fruit and chocolate. Wild One is my herbivore, he rarely eats meat except for salmon sashimi (that kid can put down 1/2 a pound easily). He's eat a few pieces of steak and chicken here and there, but he prefers sweet potatoes, baby spinach, avocados, corn... For twins, these two are as opposite as North and South.
beet pancakes and beet cupcakes, so hopefully she'll love this too.
I adapted this recipe from Fettle Vegan.
Pinkalicious (Raw Beet) Smoothie
- 1 medium-large beet, peeled and chopped into quarters (or smaller if your blender requires it)
- 1 frozen, ripe banana
- 1 cup of frozen watermelon cubes (or ice, I just happened to have frozen watermelon in the fridge)
- 6 pitted dates (we always keep these in the pantry for homemade Larabars- click here for a list of our favorites)
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk (or whatever kind you have in your fridge)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 tsp of chia seeds (not necessary, just for an added nutritional boost)
The verdict- Little Miss: Ohhhhhh. It's pink Mommy! It's pink.
Wild One: Can we try it?
Little Miss had half of her tiny glass and then decided it wasn't her favorite. Wild One downed his and his sisters and a third. That boy loves his veggies! I asked Little Miss why she didn't like it, and all I could get out of her was "it's not my favorite."
I love my little ones and am so grateful that I have them, even though Wild One isn't napping.