Friday, July 12, 2013

Giant Rainbow Ice Blocks

(41 Months)

I have such vivid memories of the giant ice blocks that my parents made when I was little.  They would fill empty milk cartons with water and freeze them.  We'd have huge ice blocks that would last for hours.

A few days ago I started making my own ice blocks, except I added a few layers of color! The first was done purposeful - one measured cup of each color (10 drops of liquid food coloring to one cup of cold water).  I put in the first color, three or four hours later I poured in the next color and repeated.

The second block has the three primary colors.  If you look closely you can see the a thin layer of secondary colors.





Little Miss loves the hot tub, she calls it "the little pool".  She played with both of the giant ice blocks  until they melted away.

I wasn't able to get any clear pictures of Wild One.  He was practicing swimming underwater and wouldn't stay still long enough for a non-blurry shot.  He just learned how to swim underwater this week and he loves it.  The first time he did it.  He jumped in and swam all the way to the steps by himself.  When I told him that he did it by himself, he was so excited.  "I did?  All by myself?  I can do that?  I'm gonna do it again!  I'm going to take a deep breath and swim all the way to the steps."

No comments:

Post a Comment