Friday, February 22, 2013

Prewriting Fun

Prewriting Fun
(36 Months)

How cute is this?  They are busy working in their "school" books.  We love playing school.  They are at the age, where they even ask to play school.  Love it!  First, they trace the path with their pointer finger and then they use a thin marker to trace the line.  They love working in these types of books.  I'm not sure if they like them so much, because we only bring them out three times a week or is it because we only do a few pages at a time, or maybe (just maybe, if I allow myself to be self-indulgent) that it's because I make it such a big production about playing school.  I love how excited they get about working in these books.  This past time Wild One asked to continue working, with a "please, Mommy, please can I do just one more?"  How can anyone say no?  He got me to say yes six times!  I'm in so much trouble, if I can't say no to him at three years old, how will I be able to say no at 13?

Uh oh, is this a peek into the future?  Wild One peeking at Little Miss's paper.

After they finished working, Little Miss asked to "draw"(write) her name.  She likes writing her name- she LIKES writing her name (I love that little girl).  We use the magnetic letters as a guide to remind her which way the lines go for the letters E and Y.  I'm not sure if it's because she's three, or if it's because she writes with he left hand, that sometimes she puts the vertical line on the right of the E instead of the left.

Our current "school" books are:

2 comments:

  1. What books are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for asking. I should have included that in my post. I updated the post to include our current list of books. I hope you and your family enjoys them as much as we do.

    ReplyDelete